Sunday, February 13, 2011

UPDATE - a month from start date.....and with 9 weeks to go!

10 miles - DONE! Jersey Pearl to .... Bel Royal and back to the Gunsite
(where my car was parked).
It was surprisingly mush easier that I had anticipated, despite the strong winds and heavy drizzle - whish did not deter us from the job in hand.
I loved the railway walk - so nice to run on that surface!
My new shoes arrived on Friday - and I tried them out today - aand they are a resounding success!

Not enough thanks can go to my 2 amazing running buddies Annette and Chantelle;despite what I say (jokingly), I don't care that they are walking (albeit briskly) next to me - they keep me sane,laughing and more importantly - keep me going!!
They (along with Cliff)are also helping me so much to believe that I can do this now.
I have visualised myself doing the Marathon now; I have never thought I would run all the way - I have always been going to jog (plod) and walk - and as I keep saying, it is not about the distance, nor the time that it will take, it has alway been about the 'running' thing!
Anyhow - it is now becoming more realistic to me.
Full details and a breakdown of my mile times will follow later..thanks again to 'Geraldine the Garmin'..whoo hoo!!!!! Watch this space.....

No comments:

Post a Comment