Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Change of plan this week..with just over 7 weeks to go....

Due to going away (hopefully) tomorrow to the Uk for a few days, i am unable to do my scheduled 12 miles on Sunday - so , have to do it mid week...

Annette suggested I split it into 2 back to back 6 mile runs...
so today. along with Chantelle in her SPARKLING new RED & TURQUOISE trainers - went out this afternoon; the plan was to run from West Park to St Aubins and back; i have never done this previously but it is a measured distance so a good one to do.
I met Chantelle at hers - and we walked to to the front and started to run at 14.20.
It was miserable - heavy drizzle and a full wind in your face all the way to St Aubin; nevertheless, I managed the 3 miles in 45 minutes! I was delighted!
AND without stopping! Treated myself to a stretch and a little drink and a little chat (which I do all the time anyway - makes sure I am breathing!!!!) and then started running at 3.15 - and we got back to West Park loos - in 32.5 minutes!!!
so, total run time for 6 miles 1hr 25 minutes! and despite the weather (we were slightly wind assisted on the way back) we both really enjoyed it!
Exhilirating!
oh yes - and Chantelle stepped in a puddle at the beginning of the run - and right at the end as well muche to her annoyance!
So they are well and truly christened now!!

Thanks Chantelle....really appreciated your company today..

Back home for pasta bolognaise, and lots of water!

now - need to get a good sleep as I have to get out in the morning - before I fly away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment