Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ok - Pyramid time!

Annette has been talking about doing a pyramid training session for a while now - and today was the day!

I have been doing 'tempo sessions' on a Tuesday as Annette had been asking me to run at 70% - well, I had no idea what 70% was!
So I had to do the pyramid to find out!!

So ,it was a very cold (north easterly wind) but gloriously sunny day - I met Annette at hers - we walked down the hill to Vins Direct (L'Etacq) and started the warm up jog, nice and easy - turns out it was 14m 16s!!!!!
not sure how that happened - but Im assured the watch does not lie!

So into 3mins @ 70%, 2 mins @ 80% (and I noticed that both felt different paces), then 1 min @ 90% - that felt hard! then another 2 mins @ 80% and 3 more mins at 70% - followed by a cllo down jog to complete 3 miles...

TOTAL TIME FOR THE 3 MILES? 43 MINS!!!!!!
Warm up mile - 14.16
2nd Mile - 14m 12s and
3rd mile 14m 32s - which inclded a bit of a walk and slow jog as well.

HOW ON EARTH DID ALL THAT HAPPEN???

Turns out that probably, my Tuesday tempo sessions - have actually been speed sessions!!!!! As I said to Annette - it has been about 40 years since I really last worked on speed sessions - and that was in the water....!!!!

Theory? possibly a once pace person!!! who knows!!!!
We made our way up the hill and back to Annette's where we enjoyed yummy scrambled eggs with toast & marmite!!!! yummy!!!!

Thanks Annette!
Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment