Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Starting to feel like a runner - sort of!

Well –
After yet another bizarre dream - must be Tuesday mornings sleep – which got broken in the gym as I was about the get on the bike..!!!!!

I met Annette and off we went..

Jogged for a mile –

Mile 1 - 15+mins (!!!)

And then decided on a tempo session along the front – Annette decided on 4 X 5 mins @ 70%...

Bearing in mind, I don’t know my 70 % - 80% or 90% yes – this could be interesting!

So I started my first one – no problem
Then 2 mins recovery
2nd one felt harder which took us to the Gunsite!!!!!
– 2 mins recovery and then the 3rd one (we had turned around by this time) – which felt the hardest. 2 more mins recovery and then #3
Which I really loved – and took us back to where I started the 1st one!!!!

Then we recovered – and then jogged back..

Total time – 65 mins 45secs for 4.47 miles...
It is 5 miles to Gunsite and back from the gym but Geraldine was stopped at some point...

NEVERTHELESS – Annette checked and
Mile 2 – 13m 53
Mile 3 – 13m 59
Mile 4 – 15m 50 – included recovery jog / cool down back to the gym..


AND, this is the most exciting bit, THE LAST TIME i RAN FROM THE GYM TO Gunsite and
back – 2 years ago – it took me 1hr and 45 mins – I was on my own with no music or changing pace..

So – I am very pleased – and am starting to feel like a beginner runner now!!!

YAY!!!

I was away for the weekend - and on Annette's advice, i packed my trainers and kit - and went out on Sunday for a 3 mile jog around the village before the rain set it!

Last Wednesday I did a 6 mile run and Thursday morning, I left the house and went out and did another 6 miles in 1hr 42 mins...pleased with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment